Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Books/books

The T.S. Elliot essay/speech that Kadar recommended is called "What is Classic" and I will scan/PDF it for you all when I go Upstate for Xmas. It's not too long. I think my parents have a scanner. Who knows? They do. Anyway, it's part of this his collected prose if you want to buy it.

Also, I've been reading Picasso's Mask by Andre Malraux. Picasso isn't cool or so I thought. Seems as though his spirit was incredibly bright and powerful. Maybe other people were right. Maybe not, maybe they just listened to what someone else said. Anyway, I'm drawing parallels between his working manner and my own obsessions/needs. It's written in flashback for the most part which is, of course, neat.

There's a new Kippenberger book coming out in March.

That's it for now.

Matt

No comments: